CDP Pastry / Pastry Chef
We are looking for a Pastry Chef at Alma de Cuba, Liverpool’s most spectacular restaurant and bar.
Alma de Cuba is Liverpool’s most spectacular restaurant and bar, an island in the heart of the city, an independent spirit that leaves a lasting impression. As a Pastry Chef you will play a vital part in leaving that lasting impression, you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistent high-quality food and creative innovative pastry dishes.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Assist and support the kitchen management team by ensuring a smooth efficient service of all baked goods from preparation, cooking and presentation.
- Manage a section of the kitchen, producing exceptional level of food quality.
- Assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef in developing new innovative and creative baked goods.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team at any opportunity.
- Ensure your areas of the kitchen is clean and tidy with the highest sanitation, storage and handling procedures. Champion this within other areas of the kitchen.
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards.
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
- Experience working as a Pastry Chef de Partie / Commi.
- Knowledge of luxury restaurant standards.
- Commitment to food / bakery innovations.
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly whilst multitasking.
- Capable of using independent judgment / solid decision-making skills ability.
- Demonstrates sound organisational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele.
- Activator, self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working evening, weekends, and public holidays.