CDP Pastry / Pastry Chef
Alma de Cuba is Liverpool’s most spectacular restaurant and bar, an island in the heart of the city, an independent spirit that leaves a lasting impression. As a Pastry Chef you will play a vital part in leaving that lasting impression, you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistent high-quality food and creative innovative pastry dishes.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Assist and support the kitchen management team by ensuring a smooth efficient service of all baked goods from preparation, cooking and presentation.
- Manage a section of the kitchen, producing exceptional level of food quality.
- Assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef in developing new innovative and creative baked goods.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team at any opportunity.
- Ensure your areas of the kitchen is clean and tidy with the highest sanitation, storage and handling procedures. Champion this within other areas of the kitchen.
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards.
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
- Experience working as a Pastry Chef de Partie / Commi.
- Knowledge of luxury restaurant standards.
- Commitment to food / bakery innovations.
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly whilst multitasking.
- Capable of using independent judgment / solid decision-making skills ability.
- Demonstrates sound organisational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele.
- Activator, self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working evening, weekends, and public holidays.