Bar Manager – Dixie Dean
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to join us at The Dixie Dean
Dixie Dean is undoubtedly one of Liverpool’s most treasured icons and a footballing legend. The Dixie Dean Hotel will commemorate the life of Dixie both on and off the pitch with a luxury hotel, creating the world’s first Football Quarter. Featuring luxury hotel suites, premium onsite amenities, a stunning wedding and events space, and filled with never seen memorabilia, it’s set to be nothing short of extraordinary.
Our ideal candidate:
- 2+ years of bar management experience
- Working in an outlet with takings of at least £20K per week
- Experience in creating cocktail menus
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all Bar Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the bar
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the Bar training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotels and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Monitor and control department costs and controls, including daily / weekly / monthly stock checks and orders
- Prepare, check and monitor departmental forecasts and rota’s and stock ordering to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs
- Order and purchase departmental supplies, carry out monthly stock takes and action any discrepancies in line with company standards
- Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts on the hotel’s profit and loss account and the company’s business as a whole
- Control department’s costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies
- Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.