Accounts Assistant – Cardiff
Cardiff, South Glamorgan
We are looking to recruit an Account Assistant to work at The Coal Exchange Hotel, Cardiff.
- To actively support colleagues to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Hotel.
- To give relevant guidance, support and advice to department team members throughout, monitoring and controlling of sales and expense items.
Quality of Work
- To know, understand and operate all computer software pertinent to the Accounts Department
- To take telephone enquiries pertaining to Accounts, ensuring there is a commitment to resolving the issue.
- To assist the Financial Controller, when analysing statistics, by making recommendation for action where necessary and applicable.
- To maintain an efficient and effective filing system within the Accounts Office.
- To audit, daily, End of Day reports produced by Reception, ensuring all details and figures balance.
- To ensure all revenue is posted correctly and figures balance.
- To ensure all discrepancies are effectively managed.
- To ensure a bill has been raised for every function and that details are correct against the daily revenue. Ensuring all charges have been raised, the number of covers etc. is correct and the correct amount has been charged.
- To ensure all extra revenue has been charged for e.g. flowers, extra covers, equipment etc.
- To monitor any adjustments to bills, incorrect postings or correction of overcharges and there is an explanation for the adjustment.
- To ensure bills are transferred from city Ledger and ensure all supporting information is present including confirmation of charges and details of Company.
- To ensure all reminder letters are sent out on 14 days, 21 days & 31 days for payment of invoices.
- To control the solicitors account.
- Controlling debtors to ensure no invoices are over 90 days and where required putting them into the hands of the solicitors.
- Making chase calls to Companies for payment of invoices.
- Ensuring all management invoices are authorised and no personal items have been charged.
- Ensure all bank-line procedures are followed.
- Ensure credit is not given unless a full credit check has been carried out and the credit authorised by central office.
- To collect up weekly timesheets and ensure they are authorised by the Head of Department, check on adding up and authorisation of any overtime.
- Check all timesheets against forecast and highlight variances.
- Transfer weekly hours from timesheets onto weekly input sheets ensuring all holiday pay is paid correctly.
- Input all hours into the Computer (SAGE) for all weekly payrolls.
- Highlight all hours worked over 48 to Personnel
- Record all lieu time accrued.
- Record all holidays paid.
- Ensure all new starters are put onto the system correctly and all relevant information is present and classification codes and department are correct.
- Keep records of sickness, input sick days into SAGE, have an understanding of S.S.P. waiting days and periods for linking sickness absence.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of work.
- Distribute payslips to departments on Thursday of each week.
Weekly Returns/Bank Reconcilliations
- To ensure no delays occur in banking and any discrepancies to trial balance against banking are investigated.
- Balance on a daily basis and investigate any discrepancies.
- Ensure deposit account is effectively managed.
- Carry out fortnightly float checks in all departments
- Balance weekly return report.
- Reconcile petty cash on a weekly basis, highlight any supplier used more than 10 times and transfer to supplier’s list.
- Prepare weekly forecast to actual report for the General Manager on Payroll.
- Understand the Hotels Budget.