Assistant Bar Manager
Signature Group are looking to hire an experienced Senior Supervisor/ Assistant Bar Manager to join the company.
Are you an ambitious, vivacious and dynamic Senior Supervisor/ Assistant Bar Manager looking for a fresh opportunity? Signature Group are looking to hire an experienced Senior Supervisor/ Assistant Bar Manager to join the company.
Signature Group currently operates four hotels in Liverpool, with 5 bars, 4 restaurants and event space including The Shankly Hotel, 30 James Street, Alma de Cuba and Signature Art-Hotel.
Our ideal candidate:
- 1+ years Cocktail experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/Bar Management experience
- Working in a venue with takings of at least £20K per week
- Experience in assisting in the creation of new cocktail menus
- Good product knowledge of Wines and Spirits etc.
- Responsible for operating the bar in the absence of the Bar Manager
- Lead from the front taking a hands on approach
- Ensure service standards are maintained throughout
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all Bar Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Take responsibility for cleanliness, preparation and presentation of the bar
- Assist the Bar manager in carrying out quality training in a systematic and professional manner using the Bar training program
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotels and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Assist in preparation of departmental rota’s and stock ordering to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs
- Order and purchase departmental supplies, carry out weekly stock takes and action any discrepancies in line with company standards
- Assist in control of department’s costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies
- Previous experience supervising/managing a team of employees through motivation and development.
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.