Banqueting Supervisor – Cunard
Fancy the chance to work in the heart of Liverpool? At Signature Careers, we’re in search of talented hospitality staff to join an exciting team at the iconic Cunard Building.
Our up-and-coming conferencing and events venue is set to become a dining hotspot for visitors to the city and locals in search of a luxury experience with a vibrant atmosphere.
A majestic piece of the world-famous Three Graces, the Grade II* listed Cunard neighbours the Liver Building and Port of Liverpool Building, offering stunning views across the waterfront.
As part of our hospitality team, you’ll be ready to dazzle our customers with an array of fantastic skills and a shining personality that leaves a lasting impression.
At Signature, we’re renowned for creating long-term, diverse jobs across Liverpool and beyond. With a passion for the city and an emphasis on fun, we’re a great bunch to work for. So, if you’re ready to showcase what makes you perfect for Signature, we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Banqueting Manager, you are responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of all food and beverage for functions.
To supervise all phases of the functions and oversee the banquet event ensuring that all service standards and departmental policies are followed by banquet staffs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet and greet guests.
• Oversee catered functions.
• Responsible for making the function space visually appealing .
• Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas.
• Responsible for the proper usage and good working order of all equipment, furniture and fixtures in the Banquet and Catering Section.
• Responsible for consistently implementing the service standards and operating procedures.
• Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
• Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance the guests experience.
• Should possess in depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation.
• Supervise events and team members throughout service.
• Guide the Banquet servers in set up of tables and place settings.
• Be familiar with all current and upcoming event details.
• Resolve staff and customer concerns quickly and efficiently.
• Co-ordinate with the Kitchen and housekeeping department.
• Scheduling of banquet staff, prepare weekly duty chart to correspond with banquet functions and manage labour for monthly.
• Assist the Banquet Manager with scheduling, training and performance management.
• Responsible for monthly inventory, consumption spreadsheet and banquet staff labours.
• Responsible for ensuring sufficient operating guest supplies, beverage supplies and operating equipment for functions assigned.