Banqueting Head Chef – Cunard
Cunard’s new Executive Head Chef is seeking an experienced Banqueting Head Chef to lead his banqueting brigade.
You will be currently working as a Head Chef or Senior Sous Chef in a large banquet operation either within a hotel or other venue.
You will be a strong leader, who is reactive and willing and able to develop your culinary skills to the next level.
If you want to be part of a revolution in Liverpool and you’re a bit mad we want to hear from you
Job Purpose / Summary:
• Managing the efficient and effective running of the kitchen team.
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard.
• Provide a standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
• Support, train and develop kitchen team.
• Achieve company standards.
• Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
• Achieve budgeted food gross profit.
• Create a safe working environment for all team members.
• To provide a first class service to hotel guests
• Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
• Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
• The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
• Proven excellence in customer service.
• Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
• Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
• Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
• Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays