Bar Manager – Cardiff
We currently have fantastic opportunities for an experienced Bar Manager to join Signature Living’s project within Cardiff, The Coal Exchange.
“The Coal Exchange will become an amazing landmark hotel, wedding and events venue that the whole of Cardiff can be proud of. We’re very excited about delivering this project and restoring the building to its former glory.” – Lawrence Kenwright With a drive to succeed through hard work and a genuine passion for the Hospitality trade, you will be joining one of the biggest and fastest growing companies within the country.
To provide a first class service to hotel guests
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all Restaurant & Bar Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the restaurant & bar in the hotel
- Anticipate guests’ needs wherever possible and promote hospitality within the hotel, enhancing guest satisfaction
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the Restaurant & Bar training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
Monitor and control department costs and controls
- Prepare, check and monitor departmental forecasts and rota’s and stock ordering to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs
- Order and purchase departmental supplies, carry out monthly stock takes and action any discrepancies in line with company standards
- Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts on the hotel’s profit and loss account and the company’s business as a whole
- Control department’s costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies
- Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Cocktail Making / Mixologist.
- Social Media experience.