Bar Manager – The Garden of Eden
Could you oversee exceptional bar service in an exquisite events venue?
If you’re organised, driven and can handle the eccentricity of Eden, then this job could be perfect for you.
Overlooking the beauty of Liverpool, our atmospheric rooftop venue The Garden of Eden is nestled away in the luxury Shankly Hotel, which celebrates the life and work of iconic LFC manager Bill Shankly.
The Garden of Eden plays host to a cocktail of wacky and wonderful events all year long. Whether it’s a lively Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea or an elegant and ethereal wedding, as Bar Manager you’ll be ready to showcase a dynamic mixture of leadership, formality and an energising shot or two of fun.
You’ll be expected to take control and accountability at the bar, always aiming to exceed hospitality standards with both service and drinks poured to perfection.
Our ideal candidate:
- 2+ years of bar management experience
- Working in an outlet with takings of at least £20K per week
- Experience in creating cocktail menus
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all Bar Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the bar
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the Bar training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotels and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Monitor and control department costs and controls, including daily / weekly / monthly stock checks and orders
- Prepare, check and monitor departmental forecasts and rota’s and stock ordering to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs
- Order and purchase departmental supplies, carry out monthly stock takes and action any discrepancies in line with company standards
- Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts on the hotel’s profit and loss account and the company’s business as a whole
- Control department’s costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies
- Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.