C&B Supervisor – Cardiff
Signature Living has an extensive history restoring historic buildings to their former glory.
With The Exchange Hotel, Cardiff, we endeavour to boost a city’s local economy and tourism by creating luxurious accommodation and food & beverage facilities within the iconic grade II listed building, The Coal Exchange.
Signature Living plans to restore this stunning building back to its glory and once again ensure that it becomes a beacon for Cardiff and can be enjoyed by everyone for many years to come.
To take control and accountability for the day-to-day operations of the C&B department within the hotel, ensuring that all staff are consistently achieving hospitality service standards.
To provide a first class service to hotel guests
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all C&B Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the event venue in the hotel
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the C&B training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Previous experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.