Chef De Partie – Carpathia
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Chef de Partie to join our team at 30 James Street.
As Chef De Partie, you will be responsible for your own section in the kitchen and for delivering high quality fresh food. The Chef de Partie will report to the Head Chef and help with all aspects of running the kitchen.
The Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant offers a unique dining experience that’s unlike any other in the city. With stunning panoramic views of the cities docklands and Liverpool’s beautiful World Heritage Site, it’s the only place to dine in Liverpool.
Guests can dine on our terrace and look out onto the Albert Dock, or sit within the stunning soundings of Carpathia which are filled with original artefacts from the RMS Carpathia ship which rescued the 705 Titanic survivors in 1912.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training of the team including commis or apprentices working with you
- Helping the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Experience of cooking in a busy/large restaurant
- Ability to work under pressure
- An ability to delegate appropriately
- Professional and welcoming personality
- A grasp of profit margins
- 45 hours on 5 day over 7 rota – Expectation to work both weekday and weekends