Chef De Partie
Signature Living are looking to recruit a number of experienced Chef De Partie
As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy hotel kitchen delivering consistent high quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received.
Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
Chef de Partie Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
2. Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
3. Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
4. Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
5. Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
6. Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
7. Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
8. Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
9. Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
10. Follows good preservation standards for proper handling of all food products at right temperature.
11. Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
12. Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
13. Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
14. Have excellent knowledge into menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
15. Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
16. Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
17. Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
18. Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events.
19. Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment.
20. Should be able to set example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
21. Daily feed back collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
22. Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standards.
23. Carry out any other duties as required by management.
A high standard of spoken and written English.
Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
Able to work under pressure.
Excellent culinary catering talent.