Chef De Partie – Alma de Cuba
A chef de partie’s role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in a restaurant.
A chef de partie’s role is to oversee the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in a restaurant. Duties associated with this role including directing chefs in their section in preparing, cooking, and presenting dishes in keeping with each of the Signature properties enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen, and troubleshooting any problems that may arise.
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
• Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
• Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
• Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
• Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
• Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality always.
• Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
• Responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
• Carry out any other duties as required by management.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• A high standard of spoken and written English.
• Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Excellent culinary catering talent.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
• Formal culinary training/qualifications
• Health and safety qualification
• Able to converse at a good standard