Commis Chef – Coal Exchange
Cardiff Coal Exchange
A commis chef is the first step on the ladder and on your way to becoming a great chef. Within Signature Living you will be given a fantastic platform to develop and perfect your skills. You will do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a chef de partie, rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
• To assist and monitor food stock and stock movement.
• To understand daily department costs and how they influence profit and loss results
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
• To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
• To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
• To ensure stock is controlled and rotated, accept and store deliveries
• To report any maintenance issues and reported to the head chef immediately
• To comply with all Signature living policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed
• To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
• To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• A high standard of spoken and written English.
• Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to converse at a good standard
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
• Formal culinary training/qualifications
• Health and safety qualification