Commis Chef – Coal Exchange
Cardiff Coal Exchange
A commis chef is the first step on the ladder and on your way to becoming a great chef
If you’re hard-working, ambitious and have a passion for Welsh history, you could be just the person we’re looking for!
Signature Living is the name behind Cardiff’s luxury Exchange Hotel. Once the iconic Coal Exchange building, this stunning venue is now one of the top hotels in the Welsh capital.
Sympathetically restored to its former glory, the Grade II* listed building reopened its grand doors in May 2017.
Since then, the hotel has become a firm favourite for weekend breaks, mid-week treats and special occasions.
So, if you’d love the opportunity to work within the walls of a treasured Welsh venue, why not get in touch?
A commis chef is the first step on the ladder and on your way to becoming a great chef. Within Signature Living you will be given a fantastic platform to develop and perfect your skills. You will do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a chef de partie, rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
• To assist and monitor food stock and stock movement.
• To understand daily department costs and how they influence profit and loss results
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
• To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
• To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed
• To ensure stock is controlled and rotated, accept and store deliveries
• To report any maintenance issues and reported to the head chef immediately
• To comply with all Signature living policies and procedures to ensure that all statutory regulations are observed
• To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies
• To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• A high standard of spoken and written English.
• Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to converse at a good standard
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
• Formal culinary training/qualifications
• Health and safety qualification