Concierge at The Exchange Hotel – Cardiff
Cardiff, South Glamorgan
If you’re in search of an exciting new opportunity, look no further.
Signature Living has an extensive history restoring historic buildings to their former glory.
With the Exchange Hotel, Cardiff, we endeavour to boost a city’s local economy and tourism by creating luxurious accommodation and food & beverage facilities within the iconic grade II listed building, The Coal Exchange.
Signature Living plans to restore this stunning building back to its glory and once again ensure that it becomes a beacon for Cardiff and can be enjoyed by everyone for many years to come.
Signature Living was born from a simple idea: to create luxurious, spacious hotel experiences that bring family and friends together. Each hotel has been designed to provide guests with comfortable, flexible and stylish accommodation, with many celebrating a hotel’s history and architecture.
As Concierge at The Exchange Hotel, it is your responsibility is to act as a personal assistant to the guests during their hotel stay and work alongside all other hotel departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
Duties of the concierge may include:
- Welcoming guests into the hotel in the main lobby area
- Communicating with the guests in a helpful and friendly manner
- Booking & upselling restaurant reservations
- Arranging transportation
- Advise on tourist & hotel information
- Public area cleaning
- Securing guest luggage and delivering luggage to guest’s rooms
- Assisting the reception team in delivering packages to guest room
- Assisting the reception team during busy periods
- Calling guests prior to their visit to confirm their hotel bookings and assisting in any questions they guest may have
A successful concierge must:
- Be knowledgeable about the city of Cardiff and be prepared to suggest an activity that meets the guests’ needs for all guest types including; family trips, romantic stays, stag & hen parties
- Have a great knowledge of the hotel & its products
- Have a great customer service background
- Be able to develop a business network with the local venues and vendors
- Use initiative
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team
- The successful applicant will have previous experience in working in a hotel or customer service environment
- Wil be able to work flexible hours, on any day of the week