Construction Apprenticeships Manager – Liverpool
We have an excellent opportunity for a Construction Apprenticeships Manager to join our team in Liverpool City Centre.
The Company Signature Group is a Property & Development company as well as a successful Hospitality group delivering multimillion pound award winning projects from its head office in Liverpool City Centre. Signature Group has an exciting pipeline to expand its flourishing and unique aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston. Unlike other companies, Signature Group develop properties with our in-house skilled multidisciplinary construction, design and property team.
Signature Group currently employ 55 apprentices across Hospitality and Construction and are looking to increase this to 100 apprentices before the end of 2017.
The Role As Construction Apprenticeships Manager, you will be responsible for the overarching operational management of Apprenticeship providing and play a key role in the planning and strategic leadership of apprenticeships under the direction of the NVQ Standards set by the course provider i.e. The City of Liverpool College.
Working alongside other apprentices, assessors and site managers to ensure completion of the apprenticeship.
The role will be hands on and admin based, planning training activities for all apprentices to ensure they gain the skills and knowledge required to secure their NVQ.
Responsibilities As the Constriction Apprenticeships Manager your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage provision and the team to ensure compliance with processes
- Monitor and manage quality and outcomes for learners
- Develop the expansion of the apprenticeship standards offered by the Provider and the increase in apprenticeship numbers to target
- Provide effective support and guidance to site managers in the management of the apprentices as staff on site
- Provide ongoing support and guidance through observation, appraisal and supervision
- Monitor individual and team performance and propose solutions to issues deriving from over or under performance of contracts
- Evaluate the performance of Apprenticeship standards
- Work in partnership with the Quality and Compliance lead to ensure effective, timely development and delivery of apprenticeship programmes.
- Chair and participate in team meetings including external meetings with the NVQ provider
- Maintain awarding body compliance at all times
- Identify and address the learning and development needs of the Apprenticeship team ensuring they receive an appropriate level of induction, annual Appraisal and Development Plan, with heavy emphasis on Teaching and Learning support
- Ensure implementation of the Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities policies and Quality system at all times.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Able to navigate confidently around windows packages of word, excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of developing effective processes within an operational unit
- Ability to prioritise a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve timely targets
- Experience of successfully managing the provision of apprenticeships and of meeting targets
- Qualifications in Joinery, Plumbing, Electro Tech – to be able to give hands on training