Duel Site Head Chef
We are looking to hire an experienced Head Chef for a duel role looking after Alma de Cuba & Arthouse Bar.
Alma de Cuba is situated in the former St Peter’s Catholic Church on the south side of Seel Street in Liverpool City Centre.
The building is itself an iconic destination as it is the first church in Liverpool to be turned into a social venue.
Alma de Cuba combines an eclectic and broad range of cuisines and an innovative cocktail menu with South American and Caribbean influences.
Arthouse Bar, the ultimate late-night hideaway. Situated in the very heart of Liverpool’s Seel Street, Arthouse is changing the way the people of Liverpool come together. Serving up delicious snacks, quality beers and a fantastic atmosphere
Job Purpose / Summary:
· Managing the efficient and effective running of the kitchen team.
· To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard.
· Provide a standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
· Support, train and develop kitchen team.
· Achieve company standards.
· Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
· Achieve budgeted food gross profit.
· Create a safe working environment for all team members.
· To provide a first class service to hotel guests
· Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
· Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
· The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
· Proven excellence in customer service.
· Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
· Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
· Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
· Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
· Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
· Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
· Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays