Events Supervisor – 30 James Street
To take control and accountability for the day-to-day operations of the C&B department
Events Supervisor – 30 James Street
The fastest growing, most exciting company in Liverpool is in search of a Events Supervisor for our White Star Grand Hall at our 30 James Street Hotel. If you’re hard working, ambitious and full of Signature spirit, Signature Careers would love to hear from you.
Signature Living is the company behind Liverpool’s award-winning 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic. A Grade II* listed venue in the heart of the city, this spectacular building boasts a rich maritime history.
Formally the White Star Grand Hall provided VIP’s with a first-class passenger lounge and ticketing area for the White Star shipping company. Now the venue hosts the perfect backdrop for a variety of events including weddings, tributes and conferences. Boasting 15-foot Georgian windows, originally restored ceilings and beautiful chandeliers the venue is unlike no other.
So, if you’d like to jump on board with the James Street team, get in touch! We promise you’ll enjoy the journey.
To take control and accountability for the day-to-day operations of the C&B department within the hotel, ensuring that all staff are consistently achieving hospitality service standards.
To provide a first-class service to hotel guests
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all C&B Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the event venue in the hotel
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the C&B training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Act as an ambassador for The Signature Living brand and build up relationships with both internal and external guests
- And any other duties and required by your line manager
- Previous experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development
- Previous experience working within a conference and banqueting function
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization
- Be an activator/self-motivator to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays