Floor Supervisor – Garden Of Eden
Conference and Banqueting Supervisor
Could you oversee exceptional floor service in an exquisite events venue? If you’re organised, driven and can handle the eccentricity of Eden, then this job could be perfect for you.
Overlooking the beauty of Liverpool, our atmospheric rooftop venue The Garden of Eden is nestled away in the luxury Shankly Hotel, which celebrates the life and work of iconic LFC manager Bill Shankly.
The Garden of Eden plays host to a cocktail of wacky and wonderful events all year long. Whether it’s a lively Mad Hatter’s Afternoon Tea or an elegant and ethereal wedding, as supervisor you’ll be ready to showcase a dynamic mixture of leadership, formality and an energising shot or two of fun.
You’ll be expected to take control and accountability at the function, always aiming to exceed hospitality standards with both service and drinks poured to perfection.
To take control and accountability for the day-to-day operations of the C&B department within the hotel, ensuring that all staff are consistently achieving hospitality service standards.
To provide a first class service to hotel guests
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all C&B Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the event venue in the hotel
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the C&B training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Previous experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time