General Manager – Arthouse Hotel
Lights, camera ACTION! A hotel like no other, take a step back in time as Arthouse brings the classics back to life. From Dirty Dancing to The Wizard of Oz; our themed rooms are uniquely designed to take your breath away. Signature Group have an exciting new opportunity to join us as Hotel General Manager.
Signature Group currently operates 4 Hotels and several apartment complexes in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, including 30 James Street – The Home of The Titanic and The Shankly Hotel. In 2016 Signature Group opened its first Residential Complex just outside of Liverpool City Centre. Boasting a further 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, 4 Weddings & Events Centers and a Spa, Signature Group plans to expand its flourishing and unique hospitality aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston.
POSITION TITLE: General Manager
VENUE : Arthouse Hotel
The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. As a General Manager you should be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximising room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staff.
- Coordination with HOD’s for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
At least 15 years experience in the hospitality industry, including experience in modern, luxury venues. Alongside a minimum of 5 years experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager