General Manager – The Shankly Hotel Preston
The General Manager role is fundamental in any successful Signature Living Group hotel. As a ambassador for the hotel, you will lead the team, ensuring the day to day runs smoothly, whilst motivating the team to work in line with Signature Livings DNA.
Following the success of Liverpool’s luxury Shankly Hotel, Signature Living and The Shankly family are set to bring the Shankly brand to Preston. The Shankly Hotel Preston will follow a similar format; highlighting Bill Shankly’s very special relationship with the city during his 16 year playing career at the Lilywhites.
The bulk of his playing career was spent at Preston North End, having signed for the club in 1933. It was here that the football legend showcased his raw talent and skills as a player, winning the FA Cup in 1938. Playing for Preston North End shaped what became an unforgettable footballing dynasty, making the city a natural choice for the second location of our luxury hotel brand.
Our upcoming venue means we’re in search of talented staff to kick start the new hotel. So, if you’re passionate about Preston with plenty of personality, you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Are you good enough to sign for #teamshankly
The General Manager role is fundamental in any successful Signature Living Group hotel. As a ambassador for the hotel, you will lead the attack, ensuring the day to day runs smoothly, whilst motivating the team to work in line with Signature Livings DNA.
- Provide strong leadership, support and strategic direction to all departments
- Develop and deliver long and short term strategic plans and budgets through knowledge, industry trends and financial opportunities, maximising the reputation and profitability of the hotel
- Maximising room yield and hotel’s revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs
- Prepare, present and deliver all monthly operating budgets, marketing & sales plans and capital budgets to the senior management team
- Ensure excellent guest standards by creating a personal and professional guest service in line with Signature Living’s Core Standards
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, regulations, SOP’s, policies, procedures and standards
- Hold regular briefings with all heads of departments to ensure targets and standards are consistent and centralised
- Ensure complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively, ensuring service recovery procedures are followed and delivered
- Ensure management effectiveness by recruiting and retaining employees
- Promptly handle all employee matters though best practice, seeking advice when needed
- Ensure employees receive a full induction, continuous coaching and development
- Build and maintain great relationships with all stakeholders including suppliers
- Safeguard the quality of operations both internal & external by completing regular audits and supervisions
- Responsible for compliance in legalisation and regulation, including the Health & Safety Act and fire regulations etc
- Any other reasonable duties are required by your line manager
The ideal candidate
- You should have a friendly and welcoming personality, with a genuine desire to help and please others
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to think clearly and make quick decisions whilst having a professional manner and a calm, rational approach
- You must have a track record in success and innovation, with the ability to make things happen
- Attention to detail is essential, ensure standards are high and the service is exceptional
- Have excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with guests who may not be fluent in English. It would be a bonus if you can speak another language
- Able to effectively prioritise and balance guest expectations with business priorities
- Able to produce reports clearly and logically to a high standard, having numeracy, logistical, and planning skills
- You must have flexibility, a ‘can do’ mentality and a positive attitude
- You should be able to motivate the team, set direction, and lead by example
You must have at least 5 years’ experience working in the hospitality industry preferably in a luxury boutique style hotel. You should have at least 2 years of experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager.