Head Chef – Alma De Cuba
As a head chef, you are as close to a superhero as it gets in the kitchen
As a head chef, you are as close to a superhero as it gets in the kitchen. Everyone in the brigade, from the kitchen porter to the sous chef, looks to you for inspiration – and you’ll have to hold your own with the front of house restaurant staff, too. At all Signature venues, head chefs have the freedom of expression with your food and to put your own stamp on the menu.
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
• Excellent cooking skills
• An understanding of produce and ingredients
• The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable
• Great personality and drive
• Ability to deliver fresh exciting food to high standards
• Passion and care for your team to drive their progression
• Desire to work closely with the management team to drive the business forward
• Input into all areas of kitchen management including all KPI targets such as gross profit, environmental health issues and menu design.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• Have Sous/ Head Chef experience in a similarly high-quality operation.
• Possess a passion and great knowledge of food in general
• Be driven and focused on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
• Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
• Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional always.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience at a senior sous/head chef
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
• City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery
• Health and safety and food hygiene certificates