Head of Weddings
Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the North West? Are you hard working, ambitious and outgoing? Then look no further.
Signature Living currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Weddings to join are dynamic and ever-growing company at Signature Living group covering all our spectacular venues including the White Star Grand Hall at 30 James street, Garden of Eden at the Shankly Hotel, Alma de Cuba, Cunard and the Dixie Dean Hotel.
We are looking for an experienced Wedding Manager to make sure fairy tales do come true. The ideal Head of Weddings should be passionate about our guest services, and would play a significant role in every stage of our wedding process.
Critical to your success, you should have a strong wedding and events background preferably within hotels venues. You should be comfortable manager multiple weddings, and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
Signature living provides the best possible experience for all our guest and if you think you have what it takes to join our award winning and enterprising team then we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to: Managing Director
- To lead on all Weddings, managing the requirements of the guests from the initial enquiry, throughout the planning process to completion
- Manage the Wedding Team across multiple venues
- Ensure the smooth running of each event in line with customer requirements, company values and business objectives
- Maximize business opportunities through new ways of advertising and by attending networking events, and wedding shows
- Ensuring a high conversion rate form initial enquiry
- Ensure all weddings are planned using agreed procedures between departments whilst ensuring best practice
- To help maximize the efficiency of all our venues through wedding events
- Explore all up-selling opportunities throughout each event to maximise sales
- Arrange and conduct inspection visits for potential customers, advising the appropriate departments of requirements
- Propose full and accurate quotations, negotiating rates when required (in consultation with the Head Chef, Restaurant Manager & Hotel General Manager)
- Ensure the delivery of after sales care including completion of event summary feedback and anniversary packages
- Develop sales plans and initiatives with Hotel Manager and management team to ensure sales budgets are achieved
- Ensure the consistent delivery of all KPI’s including, sales and growth
- Continue to develop though the use of auditing – including team and process audits
- Responsible for Wedding Revenue and development within all our venues
- Be accountable for following all company Policies & Procedures correctly – Ensure business is not exposed to unnecessary risk
- Manage enquiries, checking availability and deciding whether it is the right piece of business at the right time and the right price
- Ensure efficient in Diary Management / Function Sheet Management within the wedding and events team
- Respond to enquiries within the time frame set by brand standards
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Line Manager
- Ideally you will come from a hotel background within a similar role having a minimum of 2 years’ experience within weddings planning
- You must have an extensive wedding planning knowledge
- Able to effectively manage a team
- Have a excellent, concise and professional telephone manner essential
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong computer skills, including all Microsoft packages
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines whilst being target driven
- Immaculate personal appearance
- A confident and mature approach
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Able to continuously meet targets
- Must be self-motivated, whilst understanding the importance of working as part of a team;
- A positive and outgoing personality is essential