Hotel General Manager – 30 James Street
30 James Street Hotel are looking to hire a General Manager.
At Signature Group, we have an unmissable opportunity for an experienced Hospitality Manager to join us as General Manager of 30 James Street Hotel – The Home of the Titanic.
- Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as a Weddings & Events / Operations Manager.
- Our ideal candidate will also have experience running a hotel of 300 sleepers.
Signature Group currently operates 4 Hotels and several apartment complexes in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, including 30 James Street – The Home of The Titanic and The Shankly Hotel. In 2016 Signature Group opened its first Residential Complex just outside of Liverpool City Centre.
We have subsequently developed further properties for rentals, including dazzling roof top gymnasiums and pools.
Boasting a further 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, 4 Weddings & Events Centers and a Spa, Signature Group plans to expand its flourishing and unique hospitality aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston.
30 James Street is a Grade II listed building which was restored by Signature Living into a luxury hotel boasting 63 bedrooms, Morgan’s Spa, The White Star Grand Hall wedding & events centre and Liverpool’s first rooftop Champagne bar & Restaurant, Carpathia. Which overlooks Liverpool’s waterfront and offers spectacular views of The Three Graces. As General Manager you will be at the forefront, providing leadership, planning and excellent service in all areas of the business. You will be responsible for ensuring each department runs smoothly, leading from the front with an enthusiastic, hands-on approach.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Responsible for the day to day running and control of the Hotel
- Planning and implementing longer term strategies to enhance business potential for the Hotel in line with the Company Strategy.
- Business reporting as required.
- Delivery of agreed objectives.
- To operate the hotel to the Company & Brand Standards.
- Respond appropriately to customer comments, complaints and compliments, to gain repeat business and enhance customer service for future business.
- Implement and review a sales and marketing plan which plans both long term strategies and short term tactics to maximise business results.
- Maintain an active part in revenue and M&E management, reviewing and analysing data to plan strategies and maximise business potential.
- Develop sales/revenue/reception team in understanding the business and taking an active role in developing the business to its full potential.
- Accurate forecasting, reviewing and considering the market demand, competitor activity/SWOT analysis, business on the books and pick up trends/sales and marketing activity.
- Effective and actively managed Business Plan and Strategy in place to grow sales and develop the business to deliver annual hotel budget, as a minimum.
- Budgeting and business planning for future years as required.