Kitchen Porter – Cardiff
As a kitchen porter you will be working as part of a team in a busy kitchen
If you’re hard-working, ambitious and have a passion for Welsh history, you could be just the person we’re looking for!
Signature Living is the name behind Cardiff’s luxury Exchange Hotel. Once the iconic Coal Exchange building, this stunning venue is now one of the top hotels in the Welsh capital.
Sympathetically restored to its former glory, the Grade II* listed building reopened its grand doors in May 2017.
Since then, the hotel has become a firm favourite for weekend breaks, mid-week treats and special occasions.
So, if you’d love the opportunity to work within the walls of a treasured Welsh venue, why not get in touch?
You will assist in the day to day running of the catering area and comply with all hygiene and health and safety programmes and regulations. Duties:
- Washing dishes, cutlery etc. manually and also by using the dishwasher.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery etc.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying all bins when they are full.
- Reporting any equipment faults to the head chef.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers, signing off deliveries and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
- Assisting with the smooth running of all the kitchen production areas.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
Progression plans & development, including NVQs available.