Kitchen Porter – Cardiff
As a kitchen porter you will be working as part of a team in a busy kitchen
Signature Living was born from a simple idea: to create luxurious, spacious hotel experiences that bring family and friends together. Each hotel has been designed to provide guests with comfortable, flexible and stylish accommodation, with many celebrating a hotel’s history and architecture.
Our Plans are to Re-establish The Coal Exchange as a Beacon for Cardiff and Restore this Iconic Building to it’s Former Glory.
You will assist in the day to day running of the catering area and comply with all hygiene and health and safety programmes and regulations. Duties:
- Washing dishes, cutlery etc. manually and also by using the dishwasher.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery etc.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying all bins when they are full.
- Reporting any equipment faults to the head chef.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers, signing off deliveries and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
- Assisting with the smooth running of all the kitchen production areas.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
Progression plans & development, including NVQs available.