Kitchen Porter – The Exchange Hotel
Cardiff Coal Exchange
The Kitchen Porters pay a vital role within a busy working kitchen. Primary duties are washing up, cleaning and some basic food preparation duties.
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
Assisting in basic food preparation.
Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
Emptying bins when they are full.
Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised always.
Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
Attending company training programmes when required.
Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• Ability to perform tasks quickly
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work to lead and work as part of a team
• Be able to work alone and utilize your personal initiative
• Be able to maintain calmness when under pressure
• Be aware of hygiene and safety requirements
• Be able to adhere to instructions