Maintenance Manager – Cardiff
Cardiff, South Glamorgan
The Manager will head up the day to day maintenance and project snagging of The Exchange Hotel.
Signature Living has an extensive history restoring historic buildings to their former glory.
With the Exchange Hotel, Cardiff, we endeavour to boost a city’s local economy and tourism by creating luxurious accommodation and food & beverage facilities within the iconic grade II listed building, The Coal Exchange.
Signature Living plans to restore this stunning building back to its glory and once again ensure that it becomes a beacon for Cardiff and can be enjoyed by everyone for many years to come.
Signature Living was born from a simple idea: to create luxurious, spacious hotel experiences that bring family and friends together. Each hotel has been designed to provide guests with comfortable, flexible and stylish accommodation, with many celebrating a hotel’s history and architecture.
Signature Group are looking to employ an experienced Maintenance Manager to lead a team of:
- General Maintenance Technicians
- Painters & Decorators
- To co-ordinate priorities with Management and plan workloads and prioritise.
- To prepare, check and monitor the departmental forecasts and rotas to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet business needs.
- Purchase / Order departmental supplies, also undertake a monthly stock take, and action any discrepancies in line with company standards.
- Control departmental costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies.
- Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts the hotels profit and loss account and the business as a whole.
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety, COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
- To maintain the hotels to the highest possible standards within budget limits and maintains the hotel in a fully operational mode.
- To work from the maintenance log print out to ensure all bedrooms and events rooms available to let daily.
- To liaise closely with Housekeeping and Front Office Manager to ensure up to date communication and understanding.
- To implement and operate planned Preventative Maintenance Scheme for the hotel.
- To care for all Plant and Machinery.
- To carry out fire tests weekly and record them.
- To check all emergency lighting in compliance with fire certificate and to keep records up to date.