Night Manager will represent the Management during the night. The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
The Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
NIGHT MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
• Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
• Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
• Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
• Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
• Maintain a professional and high-quality service environment always.
• Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
• Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
• Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
• Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counselling’s and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
• Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
• Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
• Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
• Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
• Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services
• Be aware and able to enforce all fire safety procedures.
• Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
• Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
Ability to use the internet, Microsoft outlook and office (e.g./ word and basic excel)
Experience of working in a hotel management role is essential
Have a friendly, approachable disposition and be a true team player.