Patisserie Sous Chef
Do you have a real passion for the kitchen? Are you best-loved for cooking up a storm? At Signature Group, we’re looking to hire an experienced Sous Chef to join a talented new team for our up and coming Patisserie and Bakery, opening in 2017.
The deliciously dynamic bakery will be based within the Grade II* listed Cunard Building, set to sweeten the day for Liverpool’s business district and visitors to the city.
This is an unmissable opportunity to work in the centre of the Three Graces, with the Royal Liver Building and the Port of Liverpool building as your friendly neighbours.
Filling the Cunard with the scent of sweet and savoury treats, the real golden ticket will be the bakery’s wondrous chocolate room, certain to attract tourists exploring the best of what Liverpool has on offer.
Our ideal candidate will showcase a natural flair for baking and a genuine love for the hospitality industry. As our Patisserie Sous Chef, you’ll add a sprinkle of expertise to daily tasks and take pride in being responsible for all aspects of day to day operations.
Keeping a cool head when the kitchen gets busy, you’ll work closely with the Patisserie Head Chef and partake in developing innovative sweet and savoury treats.
The key ingredients to your role include overseeing culinary operations with dedication and close attention to detail. Mixing these skills together, you’ll ensure immaculate presentation and that food and health and safety regulations are met.
With a fantastic personality and a natural flair for leadership, you’ll always be prepared to get ready, set, bake. You’ll have the experience and confidence to motivate and inspire the kitchen team in the absence of the Head Chef.
We won’t sugar-coat it, we’re a great company to work for! Signature Group is the brains behind leading Liverpool accommodation, bars and restaurants including Signature Living apartments, 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic, Carpathia Champagne bar & Restaurant and The Shankly Hotel.
Always expanding in Liverpool and beyond, Signature Group prides itself on creating fantastic jobs and long-term, successful brands. For our next exciting venture, we’re looking for a true star baker, and we hope to hear from you!
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Assist and support the kitchen management team by ensuring efficient and effective running of the kitchen team
- Assist in overseeing the culinary operations ensuring that the preparation, cooking and presentation of all baked goods is of a high standard
- Assist the Patisserie Head Chef in creating and designing innovative baked good
- Ensure all areas of kitchen are clean and tidy with the highest sanitation, storage and handling procedures
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day operations
- Lead, motivate and inspire the kitchen team in the chef’s absence
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations
- Support, train and develop the kitchen team
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment for all team members
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager
- Experience working as a Sous Chef or junior Sous Chef
- Knowledge of luxury hotel or restaurant standards
- Must have a good understanding / knowledge of baking breads, chocolate work and Patisserie
- Commitment to food and bakery innovations
- Ability and commitment to motivate, coach and develop employees
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly whilst multitasking
- Capable of using independent judgment / solid decision-making skills ability
- Demonstrates sound organisational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator, self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays