Quantity Surveyor – Belfast
Quantity Surveyors needed for Signature Groups latest development in Belfast
The Company Signature Group is a Property & Development company as well as a successful Hospitality group delivering multimillion pound award winning projects from its head office in Liverpool City Centre. Signature Group has an exciting pipeline to expand its flourishing and unique aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston. Unlike other companies, Signature Group develop properties with our in-house skilled multidisciplinary construction, design and property team.
As the Quantity Surveyor, your main responsibilities are for the overall financial management of contracts and their success in terms of achieving effective cost control. As part of these duties providing positive management in liaison with the design team, client and site management team on all relevant matters. This includes obtaining, providing and relating financial information as necessary for the effective management of contracts.
- Control surveying activity of projects. Includes surveying, monitoring project progress, controlling costs and expenditure on a project in order to maximise income and cash flow.
- Monitor and assess project progress on a monthly basis
- Initiate invoicing of customers for work completed in line with commercial and contractual arrangements in place
- Price, negotiate and agree costs and budgets for projects and project variances
- Resolve commercial and contractual disputes with the customer
- Manage and maximise cash flow to meet company standards and budgets
- Produce financial and management reports that monitor project progress.
- Set appropriate goals for self, communicate with colleagues and clients in a warm and persuasive way both formally and informally, alter style and manner to suit audience
- Plan ahead, prioritise tasks and monitor progress against plan, making alterations where necessary.
- Consider potential problems in advance and identify opportunities and threats through analysing trends.
- Guide others in implementing solutions, ensure all viewpoints are considered and gain agreement on mutually acceptable outcomes, whilst maintaining interest of the business
- Assess risk and consequence before making a judgement on available evidence and ensure that final decision is implemented
- Encourage, support and value contributions of others, share knowledge and respond positively
- Monitor customer satisfaction and identify areas for improvement, understand the market in which company operates, relate company commercial strategy to my own activities and monitors and controls against budget.
- 5+ Years’ experience working in a fast paced senior QS role
- MRICS Chartered membership is desirable, however, candidates with demonstrable relevant experience will be considered.
Sectors: Construction, Hotel, Residential