Reception Supervisor – George Best
Can you lead the BEST team?
Supervisor Job Description
“George was gifted with more individual ability than I had ever seen in a player” – Sir Matt Busby
Stepping into the life of the iconic footballer, George Best, both on and off the pitch, Signature Living hotel group are bringing a hotel style that is never before seen in Belfast.
From luxurious suites to elegant ballrooms, themed hotel floors to one of a kind restaurant, we’re bringing “more of everything” to Belfast.
The Reception Supervisor is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the hotel’s vision and values on customer satisfaction.
Additionally, this role will require the candidate to aid the Front of House Manager in supporting the reception and ensure these values are consistently upheld. The Supervisor must assist in the encouragement and development of all Reception Team members while ensuring all legal and Signature standards are being met, maintaining the professional profile of your team.
The ’Best’ Candidate should be:
- Previously experienced within supervisory, management roles.
- Highly adaptable, being flexible and positively responsive to change.
- Calm under pressure.
- Think ahead, making timely decisions and acting on your own initiative.
- Clear and open with your team, encouraging them to share ideas while keeping them up to date and well informed.
- Creative and consistently looking for fresh and fun ideas to embody the values of the Signature Living Group.
- Self-managed, organised and have time management skills to set the best example for all receptionists.
- Anticipate guests needs where possible and react to those needs to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Deals with guests promptly upon arrival and departure, as per standards for check in and out procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate offer this information to the guest.
- Support all receptionists to ensure that the team are punctual, polite and courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues.
- Ensure that the reception check lists are being complete daily.
- Ensure that the team performs all guest accounting functions according to the hotels policies and procedures. Therefore, ensuring all guest accounts are complete and accurate.
- Help assist with any customer complaints.
- To act as a Fire Marshall/Duty Manger when requested.
- Complete annual performance reviews and set business goals/objectives and development plans to improve performance, as advised by the Front of House Manager.
- Devise, agree and action all training plans for the department with your line manager.
- Carry out statutory training as required by company policy.
- To assist developing the receptionists in the use of sales techniques to effectively sell bedrooms, maximising occupancy, average rates and yield.
- To encourage team to forward sales ideas/promotions to gain their commitment and feedback.
- To identify possible sales leads