Hotel Restaurant Manager – 30 James Street
Signature Livings restaurant managers maintain the reputation and ethos of our unique venues as well as keeping a firm grasp on profitability and a creative flare
The fastest growing, most exciting company in Liverpool is in search of new talent. If you’re hard working, ambitious and full of Signature spirit, Signature Careers would love to hear from you.
Signature Living is the company behind Liverpool’s award-winning 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic. A Grade II* listed venue in the heart of the city, this spectacular building boasts a rich maritime history.
Only moments from Liverpool’s world-famous waterfront, you’d be working in a first-class location, surrounded by famous landmarks, the bustling business district and leading bars and restaurants.
So, if you’d like to jump on board with the James Street team, get in touch! We promise you’ll enjoy the journey.
Signature Livings restaurant managers maintain the reputation and ethos of our unique venues as well as keeping a firm grasp on profitability and a creative flare. They must coordinate a variety of activities, and are responsible for the business performance, quality standards and health and safety of the restaurant. Their key aims are to combine strategic planning and day-to-day management activities and make the overall guest experience a one to never forget.
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
- Oversea the dining area, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Maintains records of staff periodic manner and operating costs.
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behaviour on shift.
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaintsin restaurants.
- Schedules periodic food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct interpretation of policies and obtain feedback from staff members.
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
- Ensures new products are executed properly following roll-out.
- Is capable of handling irate customers with a friendly/calm attitude.
- Ensures product quality and great service.
- Shows enthusiasm about guest within the restaurant.
- Familiar with social media platforms, TripAdvisor, Facebook, Instagram.
- Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Priorities tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follows-up effectively.
- Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- tact and diplomacy
- teamworking skills
- the ability to lead and motivate staff
- administrative ability and IT literacy
- numeracy and financial skills to manage a budget
- an appreciation of customer expectations and commercial demands
- stamina and the ability to work under pressure
- a well-organised approach to work
- flexibility and the ability to solve problems in a pressurised environment
- customer-facing experience
- experience in improving service delivery
- drive and determination to improve standards and profitability.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
- hospitality management background
- hotel and catering management background