Assistant Restaurant Manager
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Signature Living currently operates 4 Hotels in the heart of Liverpool City Centre including 30 James Street – The Home of The Titanic and The Shankly Hotel.
Boasting a further 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, 4 Weddings & Events Centre’s and a Spa, Signature Living plans to expand its flourishing and unique hospitality aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to locations such as Cardiff, Manchester & Preston.
Our hospitality team is growing each year along with the expansion of our portfolio, and the Assistant Restaurant Manager will be a key part in the success and continued growth of the Company.
To provide a first class service to hotel guests:
- Ensure service standards are maintained
- Ensure the department as a function delivers all Restaurant & Bar Core Standards
- Empower team to be able to handle all positive and negative guest feedback and record correctly
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Undertake to be responsible for cleanliness and presentation of the restaurant & bar in the hotel
- Anticipate guests’ needs wherever possible and promote hospitality within the hotel, enhancing guest satisfaction
- Carry out quality training and coaching in a systematic and professional manner using the Restaurant & Bar training program
- Complete self-audits of the department
- Ensure the team are correctly uniformed, in line with company standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene
- Ensure team are punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests and colleagues at all times
- Be fully conversant with the facilities, services and promotions offered by the hotel and whenever appropriate, offer this information to the guest
- Be aware of responsibility for the security of guest and hotel property
- Monitor and control department costs and controls
- Prepare, check and monitor departmental forecasts and rota’s and stock ordering to ensure they are in line with set budgets and meet the service and business needs
- Order and purchase departmental supplies, carry out monthly stock takes and action any discrepancies in line with company standards
- Maintain financial awareness and understanding of how the role impacts on the hotel’s profit and loss account and the company’s business as a whole
- Control department’s costs through correct storage and distribution of supplies
- Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.