Senior Construction Materials Buyer
Senior Construction Materials Buyer needed to join Signature Groups team in Liverpool.
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing Company for someone who has previously gained experience within a Purchasing role in the Construction industry
The Company Signature Group is a Property & Development company as well as a successful Hospitality group delivering multimillion pound award winning projects from its head office in Liverpool City Centre. Signature Group has an exciting pipeline to expand its flourishing and unique aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston. Unlike other companies, Signature Group develop properties with our in-house skilled multidisciplinary construction, design and property team.
- To work as a lead within a small hardworking team.
- Working with the Site/Project Managers to ensure delivery deadlines are achieved on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Receiving daily material requisitions from sites
- Procuring specified products or sourcing equal/approved
- Calculating quantities on materials/aggregates/drainage
- Sourcing new suppliers and opening credit accounts where required in new geographic areas
- Developing relationships with existing suppliers
- Arranging deliveries to multiple sites
- Carry out administration duties as required
Responsibilities Working closely with our Surveying team, you will be required to source materials at the most competitive rates that allows us to continue to win projects whilst maintaining a competitive but profitable price. You will also be responsible for the purchasing and hire of plant and tools
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a construction/purchasing environment
- A ready network of suppliers in the industry. Extensive experience with suppliers and merchants which will allow us to negotiate the most competitive prices
- You will need a wide range of building material knowledge and be capable of carrying out the day to day buying and all necessary pricing, negotiating and ordering of materials, aggregates and specialist materials for our sites, as well as being able to decipher information from drawings.
- Experience will be valued just as much as formal qualifications and a background of working for a Construction company, developer or Builder’s Merchants would be appropriate for this position.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
Desired experience would include
- a minimum of 3 year’s buying experience
- 5 years Construction experience
- a CIPS qualification or relevant industry experience
- full, clean driving licence
Salary dependent upon experience
Job Type: Full-time