Sous Chef – Cardiff
Cardiff, South Glamorgan
We are looking to hire experienced Sous Chefs to join our team to open this iconic hotel.
Signature Living was born from a simple idea: to create luxurious, spacious hotel experiences that bring family and friends together. Each hotel has been designed to provide guests with comfortable, flexible and stylish accommodation, with many celebrating a hotel’s history and architecture.
Our Plans are to Re-establish The Coal Exchange as a Beacon for Cardiff and Restore this Iconic Building to it’s Former Glory.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- To support the Head Chef & Senior Sours Chef by ensuring the efficient and effective running of the kitchen team.
- To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard.
- Provide a standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
- Support, train and develop kitchen team.
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Create a safe working environment for all team members.
- To provide a first class service to hotel guests
- Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
- Previous experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to multitask
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays