Bastion, The Shankly Hotel
Signature Living are looking to hire an experienced Sous Chef for the Bastion Restaurant at The Shankly Hotel.
With a drive to succeed through hard work and a genuine passion for the Hospitality trade, you will be joining one of the biggest and fastest growing companies within the country.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- To support the Senior Kitchen Management by ensuring the efficient and effective running of the kitchen team.
- To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard.
- Provide a standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
- Support, train and develop kitchen team.
- Achieve company standards.
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve budgeted food gross profit.
- Create a safe working environment for all team members.
- To provide a first class service to hotel guests
- Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
- Previous experience supervising a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask
- Proven excellence in customer service.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision making skills ability
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays