Twin Site Financial Controller
Signature Group are looking to hire a Twin Site Financial Controller in Liverpool City Centre.
- Overall responsibility and accountability for control and reporting functions of the units
- P&L Production from trading sites and reconciliation of Balance Sheet Control accounts
- Development of and support for accounts team.
- Advice for and liaison with Group FC, General Managers and other non-accounts team members on areas of financial management within their specific units/departments.
- Assist Group Financial Controller in all areas of report’s on financial performance according to Signature guidelines and timeframes.
- To provide support function to General Manager for reporting on financial performance by way of provision of supporting material.
- To compile and advise on annual budget according to Signature Living standards and timeframes in conjunction with Heads of Department and General Manager.
- To produce weekly and 3 month forecasts in conjunction with Reservations Teams , Food and Beverage Manager and Sales Manager in accordance with Signature standard’s and timeframe’s set
- To support the group payroll function in the processing of all payroll’s, Payroll reconciliations to P32
- To review, monitor and report on payroll against forecast in conjunction with Heads of Departments and ensure that remedial action is taken for areas that fall out with budgeted parameters.
- To ensure daily income audit is completed with all appropriate remedial action taken.
- To ensure that all bought ledger items are accounted for and authorised by means of implementation and maintenance of Purchase Order system.
- To minimise age of debt to the organisation to a level below company target by means of issuing and enforcement of guidelines and procedures to Meetings, Front Office and Reservations personnel and by constant liaison and guidance for these areas. The potentially negative impact on sales should be considered in this area and all refusals of credit should be countersigned by the General Manager.
- Implementation and maintenance of control procedures for departmental pay-ins.
- To ensure that all department floats are checked at month end and at least once per month on a random basis. To report on these checks and ensure that remedial action is taken.
- To support Food and Beverage Manager in ensuring that food and beverage direct costs are minimised by enforcing and advising on control procedures for this area.
- To ensure that food and beverage stock items are balanced against ledger both weekly and at period end.
- Implementation of control procedures for sundry revenue and expense items (e.g petty cash).
- To oversee, spot-check and ensure accuracy of departmental inventory stock takes.
- To arrange and conduct random cash till spot checks for bars, Restaurants and other areas of the business.
- Development of individuals within the department through individual and joint reviews in accordance with Signature standards and hotel-specific guidelines and reporting back on pertinent findings or employee observations.
- Training of departmental team by means of identification of training needs through observation and joint review process and compilation and achievement of monthly training plan.
- To present evaluation of all training undertaken on departmental training plan.
- To ensure positive communication of hotel and company objectives and information to departmental team members.
- To encourage an atmosphere of feedback and management response within the department.
- To understand and live The Priorities and encourage this approach across the department.
Hours of Duty: 40 hours per week (or according to demands of business)
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller