Venue General Manager
The successful candidate will be part of an iconic project based in Liverpool City Centre and within one of its most famous venues.
- Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience at the highest level within the food & beverage sector and would have worked in distinguished venues operating at a 4 & 5 star level.
- They will have experience of large scale banquets, conferences meetings and events.
- Their knowledge of restaurant service will be varied and will be able to be adapted for banquet service, casual fast paced dining, receptions and fine dining
- Our General Manager will be highly motivated and will be able to build and manage effective teams to assist him or her with this exciting project.
Signature Group currently operates 4 Hotels and several apartment complexes in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, including 30 James Street – The Home of The Titanic and The Shankly Hotel.
We have subsequently developed further properties for rentals, including dazzling roof top gymnasiums and pools.
Boasting a further 3 Restaurants, 3 Bars, 4 Weddings & Events Centers and a Spa, Signature Group plans to expand its flourishing and unique hospitality aesthetic outside of Liverpool in 2017 to vibrant locations including Cardiff, Manchester, Belfast & Preston. As General Manager you will be at the forefront, providing leadership, planning and excellent service in all areas of the business. You will be responsible for ensuring each function within the venue runs smoothly, leading from the front with an enthusiastic, hands-on approach.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Responsible for the day to day running and control of the venue
- Planning and implementing longer term strategies to enhance business potential for the site in line with the Company Strategy.
- Business reporting as required.
- Delivery of agreed objectives.
- Respond appropriately to customer comments, complaints and compliments, to gain repeat business and enhance customer service for future business.
- Implement and review a sales and marketing plan which plans both long term strategies and short term tactics to maximise business results.
- Maintain an active part in revenue and M&E management, reviewing and analysing data to plan strategies and maximise business potential.
- Develop the sales function and its team, recruit service staff from the best venues and establishments, manage a back of house team to aid the logistics associated with such venues and working with the venues Exec chef build kitchen teams that can deliver, banquet food, brasserie food and private dining.
- Accurate forecasting, reviewing and considering the market demand, competitor activity/SWOT analysis, business on the books and pick up trends/sales and marketing activity.
- Effective and actively managed Business Plan and Strategy in place to grow sales and develop the business to deliver annual hotel budget, as a minimum.
- Budgeting and business planning for future years as required.