Do you have diverse and dynamic Patisserie Chef experience? If you feel most at home in the kitchen and are best-loved for your passion for baking, you could be the Patisserie Head Chef that we’re in search of.
As an experienced Patisserie Head Chef, you’ll be the cherry on top at our exciting new Patisserie and Bakery, set to open in 2017. Based within the iconic Cunard Building, you’ll work in the heart of Liverpool city centre. A majestic piece of the Three Graces, you’ll work with world-famous landmarks to your left and your right.
Serving an array of sweet and savoury treats and equipped with its very own chocolate room, the fantastic bakery is set sweeten the day for Liverpool’s business district and visitors to the city.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to keep a cool head while turning up the heat. During the busiest of days, you’ll showcase a natural flair for leadership and plenty of confidence, ensuring that everything we produce is served to perfection.
You’ll display the expertise to add a sprinkle of inspiration to all day to day operations, staff and food preparations. The key ingredients of your role will also include controlling food costs within budgets, overseeing adequate stock levels and complying with food and health and safety regulations at all times.
You’ll show the dedication to pay close attention to detail and strive to achieve the very best company standards. In keeping with the innovative design of the Shankly Hotel, you’ll blend together a fantastic mixture of creativity and passion while crafting imaginative seasonal menu ideas throughout the year.
We won’t sugar-coat it, over at Signature Group we’re a brilliant bunch to work for. We take pride in creating diverse, long-term jobs in the heart of Liverpool and beyond!
Best known for being the brains behind Signature Living, The Shankly Hotel, 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic and restaurants including Carpathia Bar & Restaurant, we’re renowned for offering our customers a unique, unforgettable experience.
If you could be our star baker and the leader we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Managing the efficient and effective running of the day to day kitchen operations, staff and food preparations
- To ensure that the preparation, cooking and presentation of all baked goods is of a high standard for all our guests
- Come up with new and seasonal menu ideas for all Patisserie dishes
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations
- Control food costs within budgets and keep adequate stock levels of food and supplies
- Achieve all budgeted food gross profit
- Support, train and develop the kitchen team
- Create a safe working environment for all team members
- Monitor and control key departmental costs and controls
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager
- Experience working as a Patisserie Chef
- Strong Knowledge of luxury hotel or restaurant standards
- Must have a good understanding / knowledge of baking breads, chocolate work and Patisserie
- Superb Culinary Skills
- Commitment to food / bakery innovations
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly whilst multitasking
- Previous experience managing a team of employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Capable of using independent judgment / solid decision-making skills ability
- Demonstrated sound organizational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Activator, self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays