Do you have diverse bakery experience, a large scoop of organisation and a sprinkle or two of passion? If this sounds like you, then our new Patisserie and Bakery could be your next exciting adventure.
Set to become the cherry on top at the Cunard Building, the up-and-coming Patisserie and Bakery will be based in the heart of the city. As a majestic piece of the Three Graces, you’ll work with the Royal Liver Building and the Port of Liverpool Building as your friendly neighbours.
At Signature, we’re known for doing things differently. The fantastic Patisserie and Bakery will offer the city sweet and savoury treats as well as a wondrous chocolate room that Willy Wonka would be proud of.
As Chef de Partie, you’ll join a talented team of staff and always be prepared to get ready, set, bake! You’ll have the experience and knowledge to keep a cool head and ensure that all baked goods are prepared and presented to perfection.
The key ingredients of this role include the ability to work in any section of the Patisserie and Bakery and the imagination to showcase innovative ideas alongside the Sous Chef and Head Chef.
In addition to these skills, you’ll also be confident in mentoring junior members of staff and possess the dedication and knowledge to adhere to food and health and safety regulations.
We won’t sugar-coat it, we’re a great bunch to work for. Signature Group is renowned for creating dynamic jobs and successful long-term brands in Liverpool and beyond.
Starting with one apartment in 2008 and plenty of ambition, Signature Group is now the company behind leading Liverpool hotels, bars and restaurants, including Signature Living party apartments, The Shankly Hotel, 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic and Carpathia Bar & Restaurant.
Set to open in 2017, this is an unmissable job opportunity to become our Signature star baker! We can’t wait to hear from you.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Assist and support the kitchen management team by ensuring a smooth efficient service of all baked goods from preparation, cooking and presentation.
- Able to work in any section of the Bakery and demonstrate methods and recipes.
- Manage a section of the kitchen, producing exceptional level of food quality.
- Assist the Sous Chef and Head Chef in developing new innovative and creative baked goods.
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team at any opportunity.
- Ensure your areas of the kitchen is clean and tidy with the highest sanitation, storage and handling procedures. Champion this within other areas of the kitchen.
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations.
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment for all team members.
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards.
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager.
- Experience working as a Chef de Partie / Commi.
- Ability and experience in working in a patisserie / bakery.
- Knowledge of luxury hotel or restaurant standards.
- Must have a good understanding / knowledge of baking breads, chocolate work and Patisserie.
- Commitment to food / bakery innovations.
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly whilst multitasking.
- Capable of using independent judgment / solid decision-making skills ability.
- Demonstrates sound organisational, coordinating and personal interface skills.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator, self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.