Sous Chef – The Shankly Hotel
Calling all Sous Chefs!
A lot of success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. (Bill Shankly)
The Shankly Hotel is currently looking for a talented Sous chef to join our fantastic team.
In the heart of the city, located on one of the most iconic roads in Liverpool is The Shankly Hotel. The building is steeped in the history of the city added by the contemporary design of Signature living offering amazing food in a truly unique setting.
A Sous Chef must be the operational masters of the kitchen, you must be able to perform any task in the kitchen if needed. A Sous Chef often acts as the intermediary between the kitchen and wait staff, so strong leadership and communication abilities are a must.
THE JOB ROLE CONSISTS OF
• Leads kitchen team in chef’s absence
• Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
• Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
• Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
• Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
• Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Assists head chef with menu creation
• Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• Previous Restaurant Experience at a sous chef level in a similar chef role
• Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge,
• Strong Organizational Skills,
• Attention to Detail,
• Knowledge of Restaurant health and safety Regulations,
• Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills,
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL SKILLS INCLUDE
• Health and safety qualification
• Able to converse at a good standard