Do you known for your baking brilliance? Do you have a real passion for the kitchen? At Signature Group, we’re looking to hire a Patisserie Commis to become the icing on the cake at our exciting new Patisserie and bakery.
Opening in 2017 within Liverpool’s Grade II* listed Cunard Building, the up-and-coming bakery will be located within the heart of the city. As a majestic piece of the Three Graces, you’ll find Liverpool’s world-famous landmarks and flourishing business district right on your doorstep.
Set to fill the Cunard with the scent of sweet and savoury treats, the real golden ticket will be the bakery’s wondrous chocolate room, certain to attract tourists and locals exploring the best of Liverpool’s waterfront.
As Patisserie Commis, your role will complete the perfect mixture of skills within our team of talented staff. Assisting our Head Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Partie, you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in breads, chocolate work and patisserie.
The main ingredients to this diverse role include assisting the kitchen management team with overall tasks and providing a fantastic standard of food. You’ll also have the confidence to keep a cool head, ensuring that all stations are set out to the highest standard.
As part of your dynamic role, you’ll be dedicated to meeting food and health and safety regulations, paying close attention to detail to sanitation, storage and handling procedures throughout the day.
Demonstrating a natural flair for customer service, you’ll have excellent communication skills mixed with an outgoing personality. You’ll be keen to add a sprinkle of friendliness to the experience of our hotel guests and bakery customers.
Let’s not sugar-coat it, at Signature Group we’re a great bunch to work with. The ever-growing company is of the in Liverpool to work for and renowned for creating long-term, successful brands in the city.
We’re the brains behind luxury hotels and restaurants including 30 James Street Hotel – Home of the Titanic, The Shankly Hotel and Carpathia Champagne Bar & Restaurant. Our new venture will offer customers an exceptional standard of baked goods and a lasting impression.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- Complete daily tasks as requested by the kitchen management team and assist in overall execution of duties in assigned sections
- Ensure all stations are properly set out, prior to service and necessary corrections are made, in needed
- Ensure safe usage of all equipment by staff
- Champion good customer relations are maintained
- Ensure fridge and food storage areas are maintained and that products are properly stored
- Assist and support the kitchen management team by ensuring a smooth efficient service of all baked goods from preparation, cooking and presentation
- Ensure areas of the kitchen is clean and tidy with the highest sanitation, storage and handling procedures
- Provide a high standard of food that complies with food safety regulations
- Comply with Food and Health and Safety regulations.
- Achieve company standards
- Deliver any other reasonable duties as required by your line manager
- Experience working as a Commis previously
- Experience in working in a bakery
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment and operations
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, and excellent customer service skills
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays